1. The Land Rover SA Social Media Team after Steve Hofmeyr’s racism situation.
2. When the first line up for the Ultra Music Festival got announced! Armen Van Buurman, Axwell, Hardwell, Martin Garix, Ingrosso, Dj Kent, Dj Fresh, Black Coffee and Dj Euphonik.
I am so ready!
3. When someone called the 5FM radio station 207 times to win Ultra Fest Tickets and she still didn’t win!
4. When Vodacom announced that all their customers now get a 1 month free subscription to my second favourite app of all time- Deezer. Deezer offers 25 million tracks via streaming and its now available for download!
At a Google session i recently attended it was mentioned that 80% of users go to YouTube to watch music related content. So with the task of creating buzz on social around a newly launched Ford Van called the Ford Transit, i went into my hub and started developing ideas.
One of my favourite activities to do on YouTube, is to watch acoustic performances as well as covers.
Bands In Transit then came to life.
10 artists, 2 Transit vans and YouTube!
I kicked it off with alternative pop singer Jimmy Nevis, who is brilliant! I am personally a fan. He dropped a new album called the The Masses.
1. When you contact a blogger for an awesome opportunity (free of charge to them) to their benefit and they don’t say thank you. Even worst when they forget you afterwards. Trying to build a relationship here.
2. When i read a bio that said “Social Media Master”.
3. When one of my tweets got 1.5k RT’s!
4. Brands that share content like this. No creativity. Nooo
5. OMG, then i saw this.
6. When a troll keeps complaining even after we’ve handled an issue.
7. When that gorgeous fashion blogger i followed on Instagram followed me back.
I am writing this post, to reflect on this year and to hopefully inspire. I’ve noticed how short life can be and i fear that we are in our last days. Not to creep you out or anything but look at what’s happening around the world. People are dying like flies and most are suffering. It’s a real thing.
When i look back at this year i had, i can’t help but feel grateful to God for how far i have come. The blessings that i have been fortunate enough to have and the opportunities that came into my life. I can’t thank Him enough. Now don’t get me wrong, there were bad times but i will focus on the good that these months have brought me.
I managed to travel to a new place every month since the beginning of the year. I enjoyed an amazing birthday in Thailand.
I bought a house! 🙂
I got promoted.
I still have my family with me and i have grown in my faith and mindset.
I realized the power of God and prayer and I saw the results of hard work.
I am also grateful that i have been given the chance to make my parents proud and the opportunity to inspire others.
Here are 10 things i focused on this year to be a better person:
1. I put down my wish-list for 2014 and published them on Social Media. Putting my plans and aspirations into the universe.
2. Let life be. I have learnt not to expect anything from anyone or anything.
3. Pray daily
4. Appreciate family. I told each one of them how much i love them
5. Plan plan plan. Everything!! My moves were always strategic and always came from a good place.
6. Forgive and Forget
7. Know your worth
8. Seek respect and give respect to everyone
9. Be nice to people and be even nicer to the ones who hate you. They hate it.
10. Align yourself with the right people and be different.
Is adrenaline pumping dirt bike racing your thing? I have teamed up with Monster Energy South Africa and Supercross to give one lucky person 2x Presidential VIP tickets to the sickest event of the year. I have given away 5 of these this week and i have a few left.
To ENTER, all you have to do is tell me where Loftus is. Super easy right? Comment your answer below.
Teyana Taylor recently covered Rolling Out Magazine and the result were these amazing visuals.
In the mag she talks about her relationship with NBA baller Iman Shumpert, dealing with haters, and having two of the best artists in the world, Pharrell and Kanye West, as mentors.
Check out a few excerpts:
On her relationship: “I’m happy,” she admits about her relationship with Shumpert. “I’m not on the phone too much and I’m not really on social media now. When you have a peace of mind, which is your companion, you listen to your man so when he’s telling you to calm down, then eventually you let it go. But when you’re in your own space and you feel independent with your feelings, then it’s just like, ‘OK, I’m going to do what I want to do.’ But when you have your peace of mind, it takes your mind off all the negativity and all the people that [are] trying to bother you.”
On her mentors Pharrell and Kanye West: “Pharrell and Kanye are perfectionists and that’s all they surround themselves with and that’s all they know,” she shares. “When you’re around that, it automatically rubs off on you. So everything I do has to be perfect, it can’t be half-a–ed. You either gotta do it or not do it at all. So, definitely perfection is the most important thing.”
Check out some more photos from the mag below. For the rest of Teyana’s interview, click here.
If you appreciate good music, i am talking real R&B music, the type infused with jazz, a touch hip hop and even spoken word then you will know the sultry songstress that is Jill Scott. Airey Scott together with Kaya FM, Mzanzi Magic and Tsogo Sun bring us the The No.1 Lady, for one night only in Johannesburg on the 13 December 2014 at the Coca-Cola Dome.
She plans to carry her fans along on a melodic live journey with her dynamic voice for one night only this December. “Johannesburg audiences will be treated to the full Jill Scott experience at a seated concert”, says Publicist Melanie Ramjee.
Limited tickets for the seated concert are available at Computicket now. These range from R390 to R1020.
For more event information:
Catch live updates on Twitter via the @AireyScot handle.
I really like this new Street style trend. It’s cool and goes with everything. Wearing something oversized can just complete your look effortlessly and also helps you make simplistic statements.
If you like to keep your style minimal with a bit of twist – these long lengthy tops will take you to the next level. Its versatile aesthetic allows you to strive for simple statements and clean up your street look.
1. Tagging me in a photo. I hate being tagged in promotional photos. Stop!!
2. People who think they are better than others.
3. When i am busy with something and then being disturbed with long chats.
4. Spam. You sending me numerous messages of the same topic is spam. You flooding my Instagram Timeline with your car signing videos is spam. Your numerous selfies from every angle or numerous #TBT pictures on the same day is spam. One per Thursday is enough thanks.
5. People that alwayssss just talk about themselves.
Working in Social Media is fun. Demanding at times and always full of surprises.
Its filled with tons of small victories that require hard work and dedication to achieve. For example, increasing your brands awareness and favorability, getting high engagement with good content or just a simple like or follow.
But then there’s big victories like getting your brand verified on Twitter.
I manage two other Twitter accounts and after numerous emails and calls to Twitter, i have finally managed to get those accounts the sort after blue tick!