Living on my own for the past three years has taught me a lot.
1. How to appreciate a home cooked meal, prepared by someone. I miss my mom’s cooking and coming home to a tasty plate of food.
2. Understanding now why my mother used to complain and shout about wasting water and putting on lights that don’t need to be on. Bills!!
3. What a drag cleaning can be and how important it is.
4. Why being loud is unnecessary.
5. How expensive groceries are.
6. Not to waste milk and Colgate toothpaste.
7. Why a full DSTV bouquet is not the best option because of how expensive it is.
8. What a mission cooking is and how much effort goes into it. Also, i have no clue what to do when it comes to cooking.
9. How great it feels to be in my own space and knowing that it is mine and that other people should respect it and not break or get rid of my stuff.
10. Living on my own has taught me how to budget and to understand that everything my mom has said or shouted me about when i was living with them was for a valid reason…
Moving out of my family home was a big step and it was something that i needed to do. I don’t regret it one bit. Breaking out of my comfort zone was the only way i could grow in all spheres of life. I sometimes miss living back home but i don’t think I could. I like my space and growth as a man.
Till we blog again!
Have you been listening to my weekly #VCDeezer playlists with fellow music lovers; Stephanie B, Rob Forbes, Tecla, Alex Caige and Dj Kenzhero? No? Where have you been!
Luckily for you, i have you covered and here is what you’ve missed!
Week 1, we chatted about our favourite Roadtrip songs.
Week 2 was all about the Ultimate Hip Hop joints. We pulled out hits like Jay Z – Empire State Of Mind, 2 Pac and even Biggie!
Week 3, the #VCDeezer team and i chatted about SA Artists to Watch. It sparked some heavy debate. Have a listen on your Deezer app and let me know if we have missed anyone you think should have been featured.
I have one more playlist coming up that you need to listen to, but before you can do that i am giving you the chance to WIN a years FREE subscription to the coolest music streaming service of 2015- Deezer by Vodacom.
All you have to do is answer this easy question.
How many months free subscription is Vodacom giving you to access Deezer?
Comment your answer to enter! The winner will be announced via Twitter on 21 July so don’t forget to add your handle.